Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Grow up!


People are asking me how old Naomi is, and I keep saying "Oh she is 5 months"...what is wrong with me! She is not five months yet! She has at least a week and a half to go! It is like I am trying to make her grow up faster than she already is. Truth is, the older she gets, the more fun I have with her... she gets more interactive, more playful and more responsive every day! She makes all these adorable noises, as if she is just thrilled at the sound of her own voice (perhaps she gets that from Mommy :) she is starting to make that spitting tongue-out thing babies do (definitely got that from Dad), and my favorite thing ever, is when I walk into a room after being gone, she spots me from across the room, lights up and smiles so big...big girl stuff like that.

Honestly, I can't wait for her to grow up. I look forward to so many things about being her Mom and watching her grow...Making up rhymes and songs together, hearing all about her views of the world, answering tons of 'why' questions, letting her pick out her own clothes and drink sips of my coffee... I can't wait to see what her personality will be like, how she will express herself artistically and spiritually. Or maybe I can. Because right now, this little spit thing is pretty dang adorable, and that smile I was talking about says a million things that I love to hear.

1 comment:

The Mobergs said...

Adorable picture! Thank you for updating your blog! =) I wish we could come visit again. The girls have both grown SOOO much already and we just saw you! As we talked about on the phone, I completely agree with you - I love to watch Taylor maturing into her own person. I too can't wait to see how God shapes her and I can't believe how blessed I am to be apart of the whole process! God has taught me so much about Him, as our Father, through parenting Taylor. Okay I could go on and on... Thanks again for the new post!
The Mobergs